Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher
This qualification is for people who work with or look after children, enabling them to refresh their basic knowledge of how to deal with paediatric first aid situations.
Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective paediatric first aid in situations which can arise when looking after children. This qualification outlines a range of knowledge and practical skills for providing paediatric first aid. Learners will practise assessing and managing an incident and demonstrate how to treat a variety of conditions from life threatening illnesses to minor injuries.
Aim of Qualification
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to refresh the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations. It is designed to refresh their skills and knowledge and avoid skill fade as recommended by the EYFS.
Structure of the Qualification
1. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
2. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child with external bleeding
5. Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is in hypovolaemic shock
This qualification is predominantly for qualified paediatric first aiders and people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities to provide first aid to infants and children when dealing with an emergency situation.
This qualification is valid for a period of 1 year, and does not replace the requirement to re-qualify every three years.
Qualsafe Awards Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher
Via five practical assessment scenarios
Available throughout the UK (subject to minimum numbers - contact us for details), or from our Forest of Dean training centre