The Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers is a qualification aimed at all those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry.
The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing a smaller catering business.
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the importance of communication at all stages.
1. Understand the different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
2. Understand the characteristics of food allergies
3. Understand procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
4. Understand hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control
5. Understand procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross contamination
of allergenic ingredients
Assessment is by learner workbook which is completed after the course, and submitted for assessment.
£69.95 per person, to include a book to accompany the course
Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers
1 day: 9.00 - 17.00, with some post-course work to complete
We offer this as an open-course from our training centre in Newent, as well as on-site (subject to min. numbers)