First Aid at Work (FAW) Requalification Course
First Aiders that hold a First Aid at Work certificate can attend a 2 day First Aid at Work Re-qualification course if their certificate has not expired by more than 28 days prior to the course start date
If the above criteria is not met then the 3 day First Aid at Work course should be taken.
Note: HSE state "If the first-aider does not retrain or requalify before the expiry date on their current certificate they are no longer considered competent to act as a first-aider in the workplace". This applies for all out of date qualifications, including during the 28 day grace period.
Successful completion of this course leads to an Ofqual regulated Level 3 First Aid at Work qualification.
Its topics are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
Guided learning hours for this qualification are 12 hours.
• The Role and Responsibility of a First Aider
• Assessing an Incident
• Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Breathing Normally
• Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is not Breathing Normally
• Recognise and Assist a Casualty who is Choking
• Managing a Casualty who is Wounded and Bleeding
• Managing a Casualty who is in Shock
• Managing a Casualty with a Minor Injury
• Administer First Aid for a range of conditions
• Managing a Casualty for a range of major illnesses
Candidates are assessed by ongoing practical assessment and questioning by the Tutor throughout the course, as well as multiple choice assessments.
£140.00 to include First Aid book and starter pack.
2 days: 9.00 - 17.00
Delivered from the GDR Solutions Training Centre in the Forest of Dean, Newent, Gloucestershire, or throughout the South West including Bristol, South Wales, Herefordshire and Wiltshire, or in your workplace (subject to numbers)