Here at GDR Solutions we are committed to working with employers to put training into place which helps to save lives.
We offer a full range of First Aid courses, both open courses from our training centre in Newent, as well as in-house courses (subject to minimum numbers). We believe that we offer effective First Aid at Work training, which will bring maximum benefit to your organisation.
The Health & Safety Executive state that "first aid provision must be ‘adequate and appropriate in the circumstances’" The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 expect that a First Aid Needs Assessment is completed by the employer, this should consider:
- the nature of the work you do
- workplace hazards and risks (including specific hazards requiring special arrangements)
- the nature and size of your workforce
- the work patterns of your staff
- holiday and other absences of those who will be first-aiders and appointed persons
- your organisation’s history of accidents
The HSE state that you may also need to consider:
- the needs of travelling, remote and lone workers
- the distribution of your workforce
- the remoteness of any of your sites from emergency medical services
- whether your employees work on shared or multi-occupancy sites
- first-aid provision for non-employees (eg members of the public)
We have a free online tool which will produce a First Aid Needs Assessment for you - click here
We offer a wide range of First Aid Training in Gloucestershire, specificially
Workplace First Aid Training:
First Aid at Work (Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work)
First Aid at Work Annual Refresher (the HSE strongly recommend annual refreshers for workplace First Aiders)
Basic Life Support
We offer a range of Basic Life Support (BLS) courses in Gloucestershire which are ideal for Health Care Professionals such as dentists, GP's, doctors and nurses who need to update their BLS annually.
Basic Life Support and AED
Paediatric First Aid Courses
We offer a full range of Paediatric First Aid courses in Gloucestershire
Specialist First Aid Courses
First Aid for Mental Health Courses
We are one of the first training organisations in Gloucestershire to offer accredited courses in First Aid for Mental Health
All First Aid Training is delivered by experienced emergency services personnel.
The US National Safety Council estimate that 25% of all emergency room visits can be avoided with basic first aid and CPR training. First Aid training also helps you to meet your legal obligation in relation to workplace First Aid.
According to the HSE statistics in Great Britain 2014/15:
- 142 workers killed at work
- 76,000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 27.3 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.3 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2013/14)