Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Moving People Safely (RQF)
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification provides Learners with a clear understanding of the principles of moving people safely and includes the opportunity to practise and apply these principles in a variety of situations; individually, in a team, and with the assistance of equipment.
The Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Moving People Safely (RQF) has been specifically designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people.
This 1 day course will provide Learners with the knowledge and skills required to move people safely whilst ensuring that the risk of personal harm is reduced and that health and dignity are retained. Topics covered include: the importance of safe manual handling, manual handling risk assessments, personal handling plans, the anatomy of the spine and mechanics of movement, unsafe manoeuvres and much more.
1. Understand the importance of safe manual handling
2. Understand how a risk assessment and personal handling plan reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved when moving a person
3. Understand the personal safety, health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
4. Understand the principles of moving people safely and the testing requirements for equipment
5. Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person
3 x Practical assessments and 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Cost: £69.95+VAT per person