This regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been specifically designed for those who want to work in, or are looking to refresh their knowledge of the safe handling and administration of medication within a health and social care setting, such as support workers or care workers.
The Level 2 Award in Principles of Safe Handling and Administration of Medication (RQF) also provides successful candidates with an understanding of current legislation and guidance, different types of medication, the storage and disposal of medication, and much more over this one-day course.
- Understanding the benefits and risks of taking and/or not taking medication
- Legislation and guidance for the safe handling and administration of medication
- Requirements for patient confidentiality
- Common types of medication
- Different legal classifications of medication
- Different routes for the administration of medicines
- Roles and responsibilities in the use of medication
- Preparation, storage and safe disposal of medication
- The requirements for recording the use of medication
1 x Theory assessments (mixed short answer and multiple-choice paper)
We deliver this qualification as an open course running from our training centre in Newent, Gloucestershire - we can additionally deliver this on-site for you (subject to min. numbers)
£69.95+VAT per person