Level 2 Award in Principles of Safe Handling and Administration of Medication (RQF)
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been designed to develop Learner’s knowledge and understanding of safe administration and handling of medication.
This qualification has been specifically designed for those who want to work in, or are looking to refresh their knowledge of the safe handling and administration of medication within a health and social care setting, such as support workers or care workers.
Over this one-day course, Learners will gain a full understanding of the safe handling and administration of medication, current legislation and guidance, different types of medication, the storage and disposal of medication, and much more.
1. Understand the benefits and risks of taking and/or not taking medication
2. Know legislation and guidance for the safe handling and administration of medication
3. Know about common types of medication
4. Understand the roles and responsibilities in the use of medication
5. Know how to prepare, store and safely dispose of medication
1 x Theory Assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Cost: £69.95+VAT per person